|What are the 2010 Incoterms?|
Rules for any Mode or Modes of Transport
- EXE Ex Works (...named place)
- FCA Free Carrier (...named place)
- CPT Carriage Paid To (...named place of destination)
- CIP Carriage Paid To (...named place of destination)
- DAT Delivered at Terminal (...named terminal of destination)
- DAP Delivered at Place (...named place of destination)
- DDP Delivered Duty Paid (...named place of destination)
Rules for Sea and Inland Waterway Transport
- FAS Free Alongside Ship (...named place of destination)
- FOB Free on Board (...named port of shipment)
- CFR Cost and Freight (...named port of destination)
- CIF Cost, Insurance and Freight (...named port of destination)
|What is a Freight Forwarder?|
- The international freight forwarder is popularly known as the “Transport Architect.” Ocean freight forwarders are licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC).
- The professional forwarder is also aware of the ever-changing regulations affecting cargo movements such as foreign documentation requirements, hazardous materials rules, US government regulations and any applicable licensing provision’s
- “Customized” service to fit clients operational needs, are the forwarder’s specialty. Forwarders coordinate arrangements for storage, pick-and-pack operations, consolidation of full-container movements as well as inland transportation to provide clients with true door-to-door service. From assisting with initial quotations or preparation of pro-forma invoices, to the banking of clients’ documents for collection. The local full service, professional freight forwarder is the most reliable partner one can have in international trade.
- The freight forwarding professional advises the client of the best rates, routing and modes of transporting goods to or from any area in the world. Using the resources at their disposal, forwarders find the “right match” of services available so that products are moved by the most timely and cost effective means. The large volume of freight handled by forwarders gives them advantages not always available to either individual.
|Why use Joseph Int'l as your Freight Forwarder?|
We are a unique company!
· Freight forwarding is our core business
· We are a local company with 15 years of experience in this industry
· Joseph Int’l builds a team relationship with our customers
· We become an extension of your company